COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Please do not use any photos from this site without written permission from me, Margie Bonilla. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

You're breaking my heart

It was about 4:00 a.m. when I felt a little body trying to skooch his way into my side of the bed (3rd night in a row). My body could not take the uncomfortable sleeping arrangement anymore. I was exhausted but I got up, walked him back to his room, and went over the speech...again. "Sweetie, this is your bed. You're safe here. Your bad dreams are just that, dreams. Our bedroom is right next to yours..." yadda, yadda, yadda. The "but mommy's" were driving me insane. My eyes were rolling to the back of my head the whole time I talked to him. I was barely awake. As I tried to walk away from his bed I hear "Mommy, you're breaking my heart". ARE .YOU.KIDDING.ME??!! Who taught him that?? Guess what? He broke my heart!! I walked back to him and I whispered in his ear "baby, mommy's going to bed now. If you get up again, I'm locking the door. MOMMY LOVES YOU!! Good night". Nope, I didn't give in. Not gonna lie, almost did, but the delirium due to lack of sleep kicked in super quick;)

That was 2 nights ago. Since then, I have set up a sleeping chart for my dear Caleb. 1 week of sleeping in his bed with no interruptions gets him a prize. 2 weeks gets him a special surprise. 3 weeks gets him a SUPER DUPER EXTRA SPECIAL SURPRISE! Woohoo! I'm excited already (no idea what exactly each reward is going to be but whatever, I have time)! So far...so good. I've been going to sleep early without the visits of little people in the middle of the night. Life is good!

Here I leave you with images of my 2 children, happy, and ready for bed. Ahhh, music to my ears, "happy children ready for bed".
_MG_1796-EBW

6 comments:

Anonymous Wednesday, January 05, 2011  

Got of love him...you forgot to mention how big sis stepped in to calm in down and how they stayed up to watch the sunrise...that's just classic!

Bethsy

Margie Wednesday, January 05, 2011  

Shh! That's another blog post! Yes, she is a great big sis and she too will be rewarded at the end;)

Ady Thursday, January 06, 2011  

I'm glad you didn't give in. So proud of you... Kids say the darnest things. D told me once that I ruined his life. He was the same age. Needless to say, I thru him out of the house in his pj's. He begged me to come back in the house. He's never said that again. Mommyhood is priceless.

Margie Thursday, January 06, 2011  

HAHAHAHA! Ady, that is HYSTERICAL! I pictured the scenario in my head. He was wearing the same pajama's as Caleb, LOL! I'm sure we could write a book with all our mommyhood experiences;)

Damaris Saturday, January 08, 2011  

Oh dear JESUS..I am a softie...I would have caved. I am so glad I am the auntie and not the mommy. LOL
Hugs,
Me

Sergio Wednesday, February 02, 2011  

They look like thing I & thing II
Cute...

My Personal Blog

Click HERE ;)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP